Vaha Sustainable Energy, based in Orange, CA seeks a Sales Professional to develop solar projects in California, targeting private-sector markets, including F500, corporate portfolio accounts. We are seeking an experienced big ticket, long cycle, complex B2B sales closer to exceed sales quotas with integrity.
The primary purpose of this position is to drive bookings and revenue growth in assigned geographical or industry vertical territories through establishing and maintaining key relationships with potential customers, project developers, financiers, and policy-makers. The candidate will be expected to be the primary regional expert in the company, and must either have or quickly develop fundamental market knowledge and the ability to create a successful plan to win new business. A strong applicant will be smart, articulate, motivated, creative, and organized, with the ability to learn the technical and financial details of our business quickly.
Vaha Energy’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing photovoltaic industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive base salary + commission
- Company contribution towards benefits such as health care and retirement
- Self managed flexible work schedules and time off policies
- Strong knowledge of the solar industry preferred – or equivalent knowledge and experience in large capex sales into Commercial and Industrial clients; including account penetration and influence of Corporate and Board level decision makers
- Successful track record in a complex sales environment (over 5 years’ of $1MM sales transactions), preference for commercial or public-sector photovoltaic sales experience. Complex sales include technical, construction and/or financial products with mid-to-long sales cycles: including relationship building, lead generation and closing skills, and demonstrated account growth and project advancement abilities.
- Self-motivated, independent professional with excellent communication skills, strong technical aptitude and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and interface effectively with cross-functional employee groups
- Ability to spend time in-person with customers and travel as needed in assigned territory (10-20% travel)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands
- Tenacious problem solver that can accurately assess, solve, implement, and communicate outcomes of complex challenges
- Understanding of finance / business concepts (NPV, ROI, IRR, etc)
- Familiarity with formal project management methodologies and ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings a plus
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Close PPA and turnkey EPC contracts for solar projects in excess of 200kW
- Meet or exceed annual sales targets (>$3MM)
- Developing projects from inception to executed contract
- Be able to generate leads/opportunities primarily through independent activities including account profiling, cold calls, business networking and other market penetration strategies.
- Quickly identify key players and potential clients in the Target Market, filter and prioritize “real” opportunities from others
- Gather market intelligence and expand relationships with appropriate government, regulatory, and utility officials to understand project approval process, electric rates and regulations and incentives structures
- Analyze impact of changing regulatory environment and adjust strategy as necessary
- Work independently and with senior management team to develop and execute on strategic plans to win identified opportunities
- Work with our Engineers and Finance teams to identify the most appropriate technical, material and financial solutions to optimize system competitiveness and be able to clearly present combined technical and financial solution to clients
- Generate proposals, quotes, and presentations
- Work with legal and executive teams to negotiate contract terms and close transactions
- Consult with clients, construction and finance professionals in developing necessary financial models and assist with tax, financing, and regulatory related research and negotiations
- Lead project hand-off to operations team for closed business
- Represent Vaha Energy at marketing events such as trade shows and industry events
- Appropriately maintain pipeline reporting and deal activity by using Zoho
Vaha Energy is one of the very few profitable, high-growth solar companies California and is therefore in a unique position to offer long term career opportunities and financial success to top Sales Professionals. We have more than 25 years of relevant experience and a proven leadership team. We handle every aspect of solar power installations—including financing, technology evaluation, engineering and design, construction, monitoring, and ongoing maintenance and support—to ensure the most efficient and reliable solution. Vaha Energy has one of the most experienced teams in the solar industry, all dedicated to accelerating the adoption of Renewable Energy.